Thursday, February 18, 2010

Illustration Friday-Adrift



This is my submission for Illustration Friday. The theme for this week was "adrift." I was inspired by the movie Up, which I believe represents the idea of adrift quite well. The glasses (which are similar to those worn by Carl in the movie) are supposed to be old and worn, representing old age and a lifetime of experiences; the balloon is supposed to represent old memories from the past that cannot be reached. The entire picture is a representation of being adrift through life.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love the idea, and the symbolism behind it. Very well done! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea. I went the movie route as well, but I didn't think about "Up". That was a surprisingly good movie and definitely fits the theme.

    ReplyDelete